This is where Timmy Williams will talk about all sorts of things. Hopefully it's funny.

Monday, October 01, 2007

Last night’s cab ride

I don't really know how to explain the cab ride my brother Andy and I took home last night. It was one of the weirdest yet most heartwarming things that has ever happened to me in NYC.

The driver, one Khan Haider, started speaking in his creepy and raspy voice as soon as we entered the vehicle. He then asked how long we've known eachother and then explained that in India (his home country) people aren't as negative about meeting random strangers as they are here in America.

Then he started talking about friendship and family and love and stuff as he made us wrap eachother in silk scarves.

Really.

I'm still trying to figure it all out. All I know for sure is that I gave him an eight-dollar tip.

No comments: