This is where Timmy Williams will talk about all sorts of things. Hopefully it's funny.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Blue lines

I don't really have much to complain about anymore. I have an awesome job, lots of great friends and family, a cat with arguably the best pet name in the world, and a book about a tortoise and a hippo becoming best friends. I don't know why I constantly search out things to complain about. There's probably some phrase to expain why , something about lemons or green grass or cloud lining or Skeletor, but I can't remember it right now. Anyways, let's get to the point.

Every time I try to watch cable, there's these little blue lines all over the screen and it's really pissing me off. Only when I watch cable though! Not DVDs or Wiis or anything, just the cable! It's been bothering me for months. I got my cable hooked up at my new place today along with the internet, and AAAHH! Still the blue lines! I thought maybe they were staying in Sunset Park with my crock pot and crippling depression and everything else I'd forgotten there. I guess not (most of those things will eventually make their way to my new place as well).

Time Warner, being the incredibly helpful company they are, claim they've never seen it before and don't know what to do about it. The cable guy that was here today blamed it on closed captioning! What does that even mean?!? What a morally upstanding company this Time Warner is to BLAME THEIR PROBLEMS ON DEAF PEOPLE!!! Jesus.

Well, I don't watch TV that much anyways so it's not a big deal. In fact, the only reason I'm keeping it is to watch myself on TV come March 20 (11p.m. EST in FUSE, check your local listings [putting that in there was only halfway a joke]), so maybe the blue lines are a punishment for my rampant narcissism. But I've had 'em for six months! Golly!

Okay, I'm calming down now. I won't say "golly" again, sorry. I guess I should be happy that the blue lines are on my TV screen and not on my legs (must be tough, Grandma).

I think I really am gonna go buy LEGOs now.

No comments: