This is where Timmy Williams will talk about all sorts of things. Hopefully it's funny.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

You win this round, Christmas Vacation

No, this is not about the Chevy Chase movie. Sorry.

So I began my Christmas "break" today, which consists of 9 (nine[NINE?!?!?]) days in South Dakota. I started it off with a plane ride from NYC to Minneapolis and I sat between 6 babies and a puppy. For reals. It was really fun. Yeah. Then in the Minneapolis airport I was at the gate to fly back to Watertown, SD (my hometown), and this African woman in full flowing African-style robes was at the gate. Now, being that I live in New York, I see this all the time, but all of the other people waiting for the South Dakota flight were staring at her. I didn't expect to have the "oh yeah, that's why I moved away" moment until I was acually IN South Dakota, but they apparently have turned it (racism) up a notch since last I visited.

Then I get to the bar with my good buddy Amber and more ridiculousness is awaiting me. This one kid that I've known for a while comes up to me and asks about the Whitest Kids TV show coming out soon. We talked about it for a bit, and then he asked me if he could be in the show if we did a second season. I told him that if he were around, maybe he could be an extra. His reply: "Nah, I don't need to do all that. I just wanna write and co-produce it." Naturally, I signed him on the spot.

Then this other totally wasted guy that I've never met before starts telling me about his novel. He tells me that it's basically about sex and drugs and drinking and all of his crazy adventures. I asked, "Okay, so kind of like Hunter S. Thompson or Jack Kerouac?" And he said "Dude, I am sooo much sicker than Hunter S. Thompson." And then he threw up, so maybe he was right.

Also, when he first mentioned that he was writing a novel he said that it was "a novel, but totally non-fiction." I'm not really sure what that means. To me, that's kind of like saying "it's like a carrot, but it's an apple."

That didn't make sense. Whatevs. So yeah. 8 more days. Let's do this!

No comments: