This is where Timmy Williams will talk about all sorts of things. Hopefully it's funny.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Dragon Music

Like most people, I like lots of different kinds of music, but am known for leaning more towards the ridiculous and silly rather than what is traditionally considered "good."

The stuff I've been most into the last couple of years though is this whole trend in Europe where groups of long-haired, musically proficient nerds form bands whose songs focus entirely and SINCERELY on things like orcs and dragons. I don't know why I love it so much. Maybe it's the ridiculous guitar solos or maybe it's the "Dungeons & Dragons" album covers, or maybe I'm sick of all this timid, restrained bullshit that passes for "rock and roll" here in America. In any case, I love me some dragon rock.

I heard this band mentioned somewhere before but finally listened to these guys today. Some of it makes me laugh, some of it I actually like, but the fact that music like this is being made somewhere brings me great joy.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Dragon Force.

If you like that OR couldn't believe it is real, try out Rhapsody. I don't know THAT much about this "movement," but they seem to have influenced these other bands and all this craziness. And their guitarist called their new album "exceptionally magical."

No comments: