This is where Timmy Williams will talk about all sorts of things. Hopefully it's funny.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Philly Cheesebreak (My Colon)

Well, we've been in Philly for two days now, and as the title infers, we tried the signature cuisine at Geno's and are now all having problems. I'll just leave it at that.

Which brings up an interesting fact about travel on a tour bus: you can't poop. You have to find toilets elsewhere to "do your business." There's not a shower, either, so often enough we have to shower and dump at the venues hosting the concert. Luckily, most of these venues have pretty nice facilities. They also have great security, and you have to show your backstage pass to a guard in order to access the showers.

Today though, nobody asked to see my pass as I entered the shower; the guard instead waited until after I had already bathed to ask to see my pass. I showed it to her and went on my way, but what was she going to do if I didn't have a pass? Ask for my shower back? Make me shove the poop back up my butt? It really didn't make any sense.

We also played in a kid's basement last night and it was really fun. There were only about 15 people there but we had a good time, and Zox (one of the bands we're touring with) came out to see us tell dick jokes. There was a really big dog and a really little dog there. I wanted to see them try to have sex with eachother but the owners weren't really into it. Also there was some drunk dude named Omar, who isn't so much a homeless guy as he is a "man of the Earth," as long as that earth is soft and provides shelter from the police and the elements.

Tomorrow we're going to Rhode Island. I haven't been there before, but I hear that it's pretty small, so I'll be leaving my beer gut at the state line so as not to take up too much space.
Later!

No comments: