This is where Timmy Williams will talk about all sorts of things. Hopefully it's funny.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Wrapping Things Up

That's right, as the title infers, I'm going to talk about condoms.

Not really.

I don't know anything about condoms.

Anyways.

"Happy Feet" was the best movie I've seen in a long time. In an IMAX theater full of children. With Sam. The best movie I've seen under those circumstances.

Actually it was pretty awesome. And adorable. And Robin Williams is tolerable.

The Andrew W.K.lecture was insane. He didn't prepare for it at all. It was basically just Q & A, and all of his answers were intelligent, insightful, and about as trippy as answers to questions like "what is your favorite sandwich?" can be. And at one point he danced around and threw his chair. The thing that bothered me was that about 75% of the kids that asked questions seemed to be asking them just to be in the spotlight for 45 seconds rather than to enhance the quality of his lecture. And I know it sounds crazy saying "enhance the quality of the lecture" when talking about a lecture by the guy who sings "Party 'Til you Puke," but he was actually really compelling, interesting, fun, and a really smart guy. Okay, that last bit sounded like I was a 13 year-old girl describing my "dream guy," but whatever. It just kinda pissed me off that a lot of kids seemed to treat him like a cartoon character and didn't take him seriously, e.g. "HEY! Let's ask the 'Party Hard' guy for a hug while he's onstage! Hee-hee!" Just because someone makes money by singing about partying (or pretending to rub poop on their face) doesn't mean they're a ridiculous clown (not in his case at least).

And lastly, let me finish up my days-long Meat Loaf obsession. I was planning on writing some sort of epic piece about his epic trilogy of albums, but I just can't do it. His music is so ridiculous and crazy that I can't really imagine what I could say about it. I do think it's "good," but I also think it's just really ridiculous and fun to listen to, but then most of the music I listen to, I listen to for that reason. But I think my favorite Meat Loaf song titles are "Good Girls Go To Heaven (Bad Girls Go Everywhere)" and "If It Ain't Broke Break It," which starts with a "homey" guy saying "Damn, you crazy, man!"

He's right though. Meat Loaf is crazy.

No comments: